Graffham Spring Event Silent Auction 2021 Saturday 29th May
Due to the outstanding generosity of the villagers of Graffham, we are delighted to offer the following items and experiences for auction.
All bids must be made by 3pm Saturday 29th May 2021. You can enter a bid in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text: 07543 670586
- In person, at The Empire Hall, Saturday 29th May
Please include the following details with your bid:
- The Auction Lot number and description
- Amount in whole pounds
- Your name, first name and surname
- Your telephone number and/or email address
Once you have placed a bid for an item we will endeavour to keep you updated on any subsequent bids so that you may increase your bid at any time before 3pm 29th May using the above process. Successful bidders will be notified after the auction closes. Payment in full must be made within 7 days of 29th May 2021 at which point arrangements
will be made to hand over the prize to the successful bidder.
All lots must be taken up by the end of 2021, unless stated otherwise agreed between the donor and the winning bidder. All ‘experiences’ are to take place on dates/times mutually agreed by the donor and the winning bidder and to be subject to any COVID-19 restrictions and social distance requirements etc. in place at the time.
Images are full illustrative purposes only and not necessarily a true likeness of the actual item to be offered but items will be on display at the Empire Hall on 29th May. Values given are estimates of fair market values.
By bidding, each bidder agrees to the auction rules, which can be found with the Terms & Conditions on the Empire Hall Facebook page or on application to email@example.com
This is The Empire Hall’s main fundraiser for the year so please bid generously, thank you.
Lot 1: Chauffeured Scenic Ride
60 minute scenic drive from Graffham, for one passenger in a choice of either a Jaguar XKR or Aston Martin Vanquish Volante V12. Be driven in luxury and style around the Sussex Countryside.
Lot 2: Take A Look In a Hive
Join local beekeeper Murray West for a fascinating look in a hive and a lesson in beekeeping plus 2 jars of new season honey (available end of May).
Lot 3: Two Hour Nordic Walk
Have you tried this new fitness trend? Come and explore this method of walking using specially designed poles with Nicky West.
Lot 4: Hollyhocks
Watercolour painting of Hollyhock painted by local artist Sue Hill.
Lot 5: View from the Trundle
Acrylics on canvas in a white ‘floating frame’ 28” x 36” approximately. Painted by local artist Philip Jones
Lot 6: Portrait of
Your Dog A chance to have your dog immortalised. Dog portrait in oils on canvas by local artist Jacky Gregory.
Lot 7: Shotgun Shooting Lesson
A shooting lesson with Andy Jones. Andy has over 40 years experience of shooting and is qualified with BASC and a member of the Association of Professional Shooting Instructors. Local, beautiful downland valley setting.
• 1 hour lesson.
• Beginner or experienced shooters, driven targets are available for game shots.
• Ladies and Children (over 12) welcome – I have guns and cartridges to suit everybody.
• Up to 75 clays and cartridges included (Note: due the time taken for instruction – a beginner might only take 25-50 shots in an hour, whereas an experienced shot might take 75 shots).
• At date to be agreed in summer 2021, when COVID restrictions allow.
Lot 8: Dog Bed with Corduroy Cover
A Dog Bed Company luxury cluster fibre dog bed mattress.
• Choose from a selection of corduroy colours; cranberry, beige, olive, dark grey, royal blue or chocolate
• Size: 90cm x 65cm
• The cover is easily removable for washing with a zip fastening
• For more information on this item visit: www.thedogbedcompany. co.uk/purchase-dog-bed-mattress-and-cover.html
• The lucky winner to contact Zoe on 867364
Lot 9: Half Day Kayaking
A half day kayaking on the river Arun.
No experience required.
Life jacket provided.
Lot 10: Set of Diptyque Scented Candles
Gift set of 10 luxury scented candles.
Lot 11: Hotel Collection and Yankee candles
One gift box of three Yankee Candles and a gift box of six Hotel Collection votive candles
Lot 12: Donkey Walk
Join Joanna Morris for a walk around the village with her two delightful donkeys, Bill and Ben.
Lot 13: Half Day of Oil Painting
We are very lucky to be able to offer this again. Local renowned artist Richard Davidson is offering a half day of oil painting tuition ‘en plein air’ or in his studio.
- By bidding in the Graffham Easter Market Silent Auction, each bidder agrees to these auction rules.
- All bids must be in whole pounds, bids in fractions of pounds will be invalid.
- Where Items are specified with a “Reserve Bid”, any bids below the “Reserve Bid” will not be accepted.
- All successful bids and sales are final.
- There will be no exchanges or refunds are possible.
- All items are “as is.” The Graffham Easter Market Silent Auction has attempted to describe and list items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No image used or statement made in this website, on written materials, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
- The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value.
- Payment for items purchased must be made in full within 7 days. Payment may be by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
- Unclaimed items will be offered and sold to the next highest bidder.
Graffham Easter Market Silent Auction reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
- Auction vouchers (where applicable) must be used as detailed and by the expiry date.
- Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability, the Graffham Easter Market Silent Auction and/or volunteers connected with the auction.